The search for inspiration is like the quest for the holy grail, in that both are highly sought after by people all over the world. Whether you are an artist, a designer, a writer, or simply someone bored with the routine of normal life, inspiration is something that could enhance your existence just by its mere presence.
more famous quotes
more famous quotes
Ah love. Its such a beautiful and powerful emotion. When you have it you are happier than you've ever been. When you lose it...well, it can be the most devasting thing you could ever experience. Because love is such a focal point of life, there is an infinite number of songs out there about falling in love. Some may seem sappy, and others may be truly romantic, but all of them try to capture that moment when you are so happy, weightlessness ceases being a possibility and becomes a reality ( at least in your mind).
Sometimes, when you are feel like you're falling in love, you just want to let the whole world know, and usually this is entirely practical. If you feel like you may just bubble over with content, here are a couple of songs that could help you let it out ( without slowly driving your friends crazy):
1. Love Story- Taylor Swift (also really good if you're experiencing a Romeo and Juliet-esque problems.)
2. Untouched- The Veronicas
3.Thank you for loving me- Jon Bon Jovi
4. The Reason- Hoobastank
5.This Love- The Veronicas
6. You make it real- James Morrison
7. Halo- Beyonce
8.Heartbeat- Scouting for Girls
9.Superhuman- Chris Brown Ft. Keri Hilson (For those times you feel like you can fly)
10. Brown Eyes- Destiny's Child
Honorable Mention: Bruises- Chairlift- (For when you're feeling extra silly and giggly)
These songs are a few of the ones that I love personally. Reasons to be truly happy aren't always clear; celebrate them when they are there.
Love you all and Stay Inspired,
P.S. What songs do you listen to when you are all loved up? Feel Free to tell me in the comments below
This is a topic I've wanted to write about ever since I heard about it but I wanted to wait for a followership first because of the nature of the post. It's a little food for thought.
Love you all and Stay Inspired,
P.S. So tell me what you think. Is Hermes's decision pro- or against crocodile survival? Are organizations like PETA and other animal rights centered groups being to hard on them? Or do u think that the only real way to make a difference would be by switching from real to faux? Feel Free to comment below.
These shoes are hot, sexy and have totally made my transition to fall fashion a lot more exciting. Since one of the major themes of the Fall/Winter 2009 season is the strong shoulder trend of the 80s, for balance to be maintained, it follows that strong shoes like the Ankle Cuff Heel must also come into play. I must confess that at first I didn't really like this trend. I thought that the shoes were a bit strange and indecisive. I mean it looked like a cross between a heel and a boot! But once I laid my eyes on the gorgeous chocolate brown Qupids(via en ala mode on the left I was converted. They are made out of faux croco-leather, and are absolutely fabulous.
Now we've seen it. We love it. How do we rock it?
Well, I've been thinking and I have come up with three major ways to rock these heels:
1. Biker Chic: Definitely one of the most obvious ways to rock this look is in a biker chic fashion. The strong edgy aura given off by the cuff of the darker shoes definitely coincides with the total edginess of biker chic. Just thrown in a studded bracelet, some leather and metallic jewelry (all popular pieces right now) and you can totally chanel your inner badass.
2. Eighties Revolution: Another way to rock Ankle Cuff heels would be to incorporate it into an 80s- inspired ensemble. Since 80s fashion is going to be a major theme in fall, why not don a strong-shouldered blazer, with a pair of dark skinny jeans and complete it with some gorgeous ankle cuff heels? That way you embody the best of the 80s.
3. Sweet vs Edge: In fashion, the best outfits are made up of pieces that either complement or contrast each other.So a good way to rock the ankle cuff would be by contrasting it with, a truly feminine outfit. Think cute LBD with lace details and sexy black ankle cuffs.
Warnings and Words of Advice:
- The cuffs on these heels tend to emphasize the size of the ankle so if your ankles are on the thick side the best way to wear these would be by teaming them with leggings or fishnets to make your ankles appear slimmer.
- Finally, since the shoes are usually statement pieces, the best way to rock them is by working with them and using them to step up your outfit.
Love You all and Stay Inspired,
P.S. So tell me. What do you think of these shoes? Is this a trend you would try? How would you rock it? Feel free to comment below.
(Photos from polyvore.com and En ala mode.com)
Its that strange time of year again. That lingering time, when all the summer clothes are being cleared out to make space for the autumn/winter lines and almost all the fashion blogs and websites start talking obsessively about the up and coming trends for fall. I mean, I'm all for moving forward in life, but for the fact it is still Technically Summer, I'm not quite ready to jump right into the trends for fall yet. Sorry.
So what's a girl to do, if you're not quite ready to turn in your colourful tops and shorts for your wellies and trenches yet?Well one You could try out this late summer trend dubbed Asian Fusion.
This trend has been popping up in small doses around Europe since the beginning, but even more so now that people are growing tired of the Bohemian vibe. The trend mostly consists of using Asian inspired fabrics with lovely rich colours and prints on satin, to create beautiful dresses and tops, that are quite flattering to most figures. Most of them make absolutely gorgeous "night out" dresses and fabulously sexy tops. Another plus for this trend is the simple fact that it is not overworn so you won't feel like you look like everyone else on the street. Luckily, stores like Yendi, Tally Weijl, C&A and online stores like Oli.co.uk and Metrostyle.com still have some of these clothes in stock.
My friends and I discovered the potential of this look while hunting through various shops on our high street in search of inspiration. We agreed that we needed something different but still in season enough to help us transition into fall too and we believe this is it. This is definitely a lovely trend well worth picking up on, especially if you are one of the lucky few still peacefully relaxing somewhere on holiday. But even if you aren't a little change never hurt anybody.
Love you all and Stay Inspired,
P.S. So what do you think? Would you rock this look? Have you rocked it already? And do you think it can bridge the gap between summer and fall? feel free to let me know in the comments below.
(Photos- Top right- Metrostyle.com, Bottom left- Oli.co.uk via Polyvore)
Photo Credit: All photos from Creative Commons
Love AOGW: Stay in touch
Picture from: Overstock Is it a dress? Is it a coat? I don't know dear readers and quite frankly I don't care. These coats are ...
Photo from : We heart it Dearest Devotees, Happy Saint Patrick's Day Darlings! Since I love the Irish, Northern Ireland and scho...
Name : Kimora Lee Simmons born Kimora Lee Perkins Career : Former Model, Current Fashion Designer, CEO of Phat Fashions Bio : Kimora was...
Photo Dearest Devotees, I know I've been gone awhile and I'm sorry. I've been away discovering myself. I will let you k...
Dearest Devotees, Pain, disappointment, hurt. These are things that no one can avoid in this life, no matter how charmed their exis...
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"
An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2010 (103)
- ▼ July (7)
- Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.