This is a continuation of the Seeking inspiration post story I put up titled: Please Write. In this feature, I hope to be able to present life dilenmas to you my darling devotees and I hope that they will get us to think and feel outside our realms of experience. It will be part advice column, part cliffhanger tales. If you have any life problems or situations you want advice on, or if you want to do an In My Shoes piece, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope you enjoy the first piece.
- Redesigned and renovated my blog, complete with new header and tons and tons of new ideas I can't wait to share with you.
- Met and made friends with loads of lovely people in my classes and on my Catholic Centre retreat.
- Found some scholarships to apply for, and begun to work on them.
- Moved to whole new plane and level in my spiritual life, courtesy of fab CC retreat.
- Come up with a new song and started recording on my new Mac!!!!
- Formed study groups with aforementioned lovely people.
- I realised that I want to partake in NaNoWriMO with other people and since I only have one novel I want to get done this year, I'll do it then.
- I need to spend more time on practicing piano skills and will therefore up practice time by an hour for awhile.
- I need to make an all encompassing schedule-calendar that shows me all major projects, and minor ones and when they need to be done.
- I will get up some of my new post ideas. I really hope you like them :)
- I will get all of my files moved from my old laptop to my new mac.
- I will study hard for all my exams and do all my major projects . If my costume design renderings turn out well I'll share them with you all.
- I'll practice singing and playing my songs.
Love is probably one of the oldest and most popular sources of inspiration out there. Whether it is love lost or gained, unrequitted or acknowledged, young or old, fillial or romantic, love definitely emotes incredibly strong feelings from us. Art work is usually born out of a desire to express strong emotions, and this is why there is so much art work with the theme of love out there. Also since it is such a popular human emotion in all of its various forms, art work love as a major theme tend to resonate with a lot of people and are therefore very popular and usually high in demand. Artists use it again and again with the hope of being able to depict it more completely with each effort either by covering a less publicized angle or using a never-before-seen metaphor. Sometimes, when I'm feeling low on inspiration I find a way to tap into this familiar emotion and use it as a spring board to something great. The montage below is my latest way to connect with love:
I have been collecting a list of movies to see, particularly movies that could inspire me on some level. This montage reminded me I really need to see When Harry Met Sally. It has become a popular culture reference and that means it says something important about world today. If you know what this message is or have an idea what it is feel to let me know in the comments.
P.S. So let me know what you think. What fictional characters have appealed to you in the past? Which ones appeal to you now? Why? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.
♥writing them down on an inspiration board
♥take a picture of list and put it online
♥writing them somewhere you can see them regularly
♥turning them into your motto
- My personal style is something called Boho-Whimsical, which just means that I love mixing gypsy skirts, peasant tops and the likes with whacky polka-dot prints, random bows and butterfly brooches. Don't believe me? I will definitely see about doing outfit posts in the near future.
- I don't know what you think about when you hear spring but after a pretty neutral winter, all I can think about is colour and plenty of it. I will wear white but it will be as a backdrop to my rainbow acccessories. I probably won't be doing the utilitarian thing because army green and khaki tend not to work on me.
- They are just totally adorable. See...
(All images from Style.com)
I think these styles are also reminiscent of the 60s and 70s style scene, a scene I absolutely adore. I think the pastoral interlude options are probably going to be seen as boho-folk or country chic soon just because the clothes look very similar to the boho-folk trend of 2006. No matter what they are called, one thing is for sure: they speak to the romantic in me and are definitely my faves for Spring/Summer 2010.
Love you all and Stay inspired,
P.S. So let me know what you think. Are these trends you could/would follow? What's your fave for Spring/Summer 2010? How would you rock your favorite trend? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.
- Picture from: Guess
- They are fabulous seasonal transition pieces: Since they are still warm coats but not bulky in nature, they are the perfect pieces to aid in transiting your wardrobe into spring. A lot of them come in really bold colours and prints that make you stand out against the dull winter days left and hail in spring as it comes. They are also really good for dressing up and down your winter outfits, in case you need to go from day to night. Picture from: Forever 21
- They come in a budget-friendly price range: Check Forever 21, and Macy's for easier to handle prices. If you want to splurge on the perfect one though, do it!
- They are really good potential signature pieces: Right now, everyone is abuzz with the need to find a signature piece and I could not agree more. Your signature piece represents your personality in a physical way and becomes a key component of your personal style. The variety of colours, prints, cuts and styles of these coats available makes it really easy to find pieces that truly reflect your personality, and therefore would make a great signature piece.
Talking to you about my love affair with these coats has increased my desire for one. Pleated, belted, plaid and red princess pea coat, here I come!
P.S. So let me know what you think. Would you buy one of these adorable coats? Do you already have one? How does it look? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.
So there is this fantastic blog called The Secret Society of List Addicts and ever since I first found it, I've desired to become a member of the society and publish a post on the blog. I joined a couple of weeks ago but today, I feel like I'm come full circle because my first post, The Airline Travel Packing List, was put up today! It's a list containing all the most important things I feel one needs when flying. Feel free to check it out loves and let me know what you think about the post.
Love you all and Stay inspired,
Photo From: Farlane
Love AOGW: Stay in touch
Picture from: Overstock Is it a dress? Is it a coat? I don't know dear readers and quite frankly I don't care. These coats are ...
Photo from : We heart it Dearest Devotees, Happy Saint Patrick's Day Darlings! Since I love the Irish, Northern Ireland and scho...
Name : Kimora Lee Simmons born Kimora Lee Perkins Career : Former Model, Current Fashion Designer, CEO of Phat Fashions Bio : Kimora was...
Photo Dearest Devotees, I know I've been gone awhile and I'm sorry. I've been away discovering myself. I will let you k...
Dearest Devotees, Pain, disappointment, hurt. These are things that no one can avoid in this life, no matter how charmed their exis...
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"
An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address: email@example.com
- In My Shoes: Please write two
- A Day in the Life: Thank you my darling Canadieren...
- Checking in With Reality: 21/02/10
- Seeking Inspiration: I always come back to you
- Fictional Characters I have been or currently am i...
- Seeking inspiration: Reasons To Be Missed...
- Checking in with Reality: 07/02/10
- Trendlight: My Faves for Spring/Summer 2010
- Trendlight: Princess Pea Coats
- Post at Secret Society of List Addicts: The Airlin...
- Seeking Inspiration: Carry Me Through
- ▼ February (11)
- Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.