Saturday 24 July 2010

Fashion 101: Kimora Lee Simmons of Phat Fashions



Name: Kimora Lee Simmons born Kimora Lee Perkins

Career: Former Model, Current Fashion Designer, CEO of Phat Fashions

Bio: Kimora was born in St. Louis Missouri on May 4, 1975. At the age of 13, her uniquely beautiful look and gazelle-like figure led to her discovery by Marie-Christine Kollock of Paris Agency Glamour,who had her flown to Paris where she was signed by Chanel soon after her 13th birthday. She worked under Karl Lagerfield ,the famed Chanel designer, and became known in the fashion world after he closed his couture show with her dressed as a child bride.Since then she has been on several runways all over the world, and has even appeared in a couple of music videos and TV shows such as America's Next Top Model and her own show Life in the Fab Lane.In 1998, she married Russel Simmons the then CEO of Phat Fashions, a clothing company, and began working as a fashion designer in the capacity of Creative Director of Baby Phat, a female centric hip hop clothing line. She worked her way to the top and eventually became the CEO of Phat Fashions. She has three kids, Aoki Lee, Ming Lee (whom she had with Russel before the divorce) and a baby boy called Kenzo Lee whom she had with Djimon Honsou, her new husband.

Reasons Kimora intrigues me :

She appreciates the glamour in her life, while remaining aware of the things that are really important.

She creates her own words and uses them regularly like the word Fabulousity.

She is a fashion designer with vision, artistic talent and a head for business.

She not only knows her brand but lives her brand.

She proves that you can balance motherhood and being a fashion mogul.

She knows what she wants and goes for it. She has drive.

She has a well defined personal style.

She isn't afraid to take the risks required to succeed.

She has a pretty cool sense of humour.

She has a show that lets me know about what life as a CEO of a fashion company is really like.

She is strong.


To find out more about Kimora you can visit her site.

Love you all and Stay inspired,



Photos from: Starpulse.com and Ok magazine
P.S. So let me know what you think. Who do you think is important in the fashion industry? What labels do you like? What do you think about Kimora? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

6 comments:

Dori the Giant said...

I don't know much about fashion. I've always been poor and decided not to spend too many thoughts thinking about famous things or expensive things!

I do love expressing myself through clothes though. I think cheap prices and unique variety is important. ;);) Mostly the cheap prices....

By the way, I would love to do a DIY! I just don't really have any knowledge in anything and almost failed Fashion class. I am buying a sewing machine soon though. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comment, that was very sweet of you!


xxx

cass and cady said...

I love the post. She has a cool way about her.

ellie said...

I'm so glad you did this post about her. She is very unique and has done so much.

Sherin said...

I think she is gorgeous and she always looks great.

Anonymous said...

kiki tu est très belle.J'adore ton style

Post a Comment

Hello my darlings!
Thank you, thank you,Thank You for deciding to leave a comment :) I just love hearing from you and interacting with you amazing people. This is why I blog. I love comments, compliments, and totally accept words of advice given in a friendly and positive manner. Negativity is not welcome here. I love all of my darling devotees and would never want to hurt you. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Polyvore: Inspiration centre

Popular Posts

Welcome!

"Come with me,
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"

An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address:
aury4eva@gmail.com


About Me

Frannie
Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.
View my complete profile

My Devotees


Say Hey My darlings

Say Hey My darlings
Have questions, comments? Need advice? Feel free to email me:aury4eva@gmail.com

I love my darlings

I love my darlings
from Canadieren

Follow AOGW with bloglovin

Follow An Ordinary Girls World: Fashion, Love, Life

Want to receive posts by email?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Go Green too, darlings