Saturday 10 April 2010

Seeking Inspiration: Celebrate Spring!


Dearest Devotees,

Spring is all around us! It's in the chirping of the birds in the trees. It's in the gorgeous sunny days. It's in the rainy days, and it's definitely in the beautiful blooming flowers! Spring is here my loves, and even when its a particularly cold and blustery day, with temperatures reminiscent of dark winter days, I want you to remember that it really is all around you. It feels like we've been waiting for it for so long and now we can finally celebrate that it's here!

How to Celebrate Spring:
  • Plant a seed/seedling of your favorite flower and tend to it each day. I have a mammoth sunflower growing in my dorm room. It makes me happy to watch it grow and care for it.
  • Seek out some spring reminiscent music. It can be someway related to spring or it could just make you really happy and/or peacefully content. I am currently in love with the soundtrack for the Spring Awakening Musical. Favourite song= Left Behind. I also really love Yiruma's River flows in you and The Fray's Syndicate.
  • Change your computer screen background to flowers, fields, etc.
  • Wear wildflower perfume.
  • Wear flowers in your hair to class, or when you're going out.
  • Walk through your favorite park and or garden.
  • Take pictures of people enjoying the sporadic bouts of ridiculously beautiful weather we've been having.
  • Sunbathe on the grass (with sunscreen on, of course).
  • Jump in puddles on rainy days.
  • Enjoy beautiful springy poetry like Daffodils by Wordsworth.
  • Renovate your wardrobe and/or your living space through spring cleaning. It can be really exhilarating.
  • Update your inspiration board with spring 2010 pastels and pastoral pieces.
  • Update your inspiration board with beautiful springy photos like the ones below:














All images from: we heart it

Love you all and Stay inspired,



P.S. So let me know what you think. How are you celebrating spring? What are the signs of spring you look for? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

10 comments:

ellie said...

awesome spring post! LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

Beautiful post. I so love the colors. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Thanks for the note, too.

Anonymous said...

The images are beautiful! I am so glad winter is over :)

Unknown said...

You've definitely got me inspired for spring now. Love the photos so much. Hope you are having a beautiful weekend.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I celebrate spring by searching for Dandelions and making wishes upon each one. Absolutely adore it!! :)

Sherin said...

I am so glad Spring is officially here! I spent my day at the park.
I love your suggesstions. As soon as it gets a bit warmer, I'm definitely trying them all out.

Leia said...

love your ideas! i most look forward to spring flowers :)

Theresa said...

Such a lovely post and the images are wonderful! I will definitely be taking some of your points into account. :]

D. said...

I so needed to read this post, these days are half-gloomy, I almost forgot it's spring!

Frannie said...

-Everyone:

Thanks for all your comments loves. Hope you have a fabulous week :)

Post a Comment

Hello my darlings!
Thank you, thank you,Thank You for deciding to leave a comment :) I just love hearing from you and interacting with you amazing people. This is why I blog. I love comments, compliments, and totally accept words of advice given in a friendly and positive manner. Negativity is not welcome here. I love all of my darling devotees and would never want to hurt you. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Polyvore: Inspiration centre

Popular Posts

Welcome!

"Come with me,
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"

An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address:
aury4eva@gmail.com


About Me

Frannie
Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.
View my complete profile

My Devotees


Say Hey My darlings

Say Hey My darlings
Have questions, comments? Need advice? Feel free to email me:aury4eva@gmail.com

I love my darlings

I love my darlings
from Canadieren

Follow AOGW with bloglovin

Follow An Ordinary Girls World: Fashion, Love, Life

Want to receive posts by email?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Go Green too, darlings