Friday 4 June 2010

Mirror Me: Things that make me happy






Jeans vest: Pimkies
Sandals: Tally Weijl
Jeggings: H and M accessories
Dress: Pimkies
Flower hair pin: So Good Jewelry

Dearest Devotees,
As I've mentioned before I've just recently decided to join the Creative Everyday Challenge hosted by Leah on her blog and this month's topic is Bliss. So I've decided to tell you some of the things that make me happy. This ties in with being indie because an independent person can come close to but does not fit any real stereotypical style. You don't blindly follow trends but instead have your own style that you adapt as you deem fit. Seeing people that exude personality in their dressing makes me really happy. That as well as having a pretty indie inspired day like this:

9 am wake up to the sound of loudly playing Ingrid Michaelson music. Throw open my curtains to beautiful sunlight streaming into my window. Do yoga to a special playlist. Have a lovely hot shower with wildflower shower gel. Dress in a lovely new summer dress and sandals with daisy in hair. Eat strawberries with cream and vanilla yoghurt for breakfast. Bike out to favorite orchard and take random black and white pictures of nature up close with my SLR camera. Spend afternoon writing songs and poetry with my recorder and notebook by the creek. Have picnic with friends at a cute little family owned cafe. Go for poetry reading at jazz club in the evening. Go to indie rock concert (Flyleaf!) at night. Come home and bathe in lavender-scented therapeutic bath oils. Practice piano and french before bed. Meditate and pray. Go to window and wish the stars goodnight. Sleep.

This would make me subliminally happy.

Other things making me happy in my life:

Having lovely friends and family that love me.

A strong faith and belief that sustain me.

Working on my creativity and finding inspiration again :)

Exploring the idea of an artistic retreat after summer school for two weeks...

Hip Hop Classes- So much fun and an awesome workout.

Friends of mine getting engaged!!!!

Having 72 followers on GoogleReader and 7 on Bloglovin'. I love my devotees so much!

Turning my desk, now that its organized, into an inspiration station.

Being almost done with my first collaboration song!

Recording lectures and studying at my own pace. Honestly if you have ADHD or just have problems paying attention during lectures the idea of recording them is a godsend.

This poster makes me really happy.

Finishing my silhouette for the seeking inspiration: cross-training post I did. I said I'd share my translation of this picture:

And here it is:




Not too bad considering this is my first attempt at a silhouette drawing and my first use of acrylic paints to draw. I mean at least it looks vaguely like the photo above. Also I really loved playing with the trees. Practice makes perfect I guess. (Note I only share this with you because I love and respect you all. If you have any constructive criticism to help me with my silhouette drawing I am totally open to it. But please be nice because I am really sensitive about my art. )


Getting ready to attend the 2010 Where Bloggers Create online party! It's open to everyone and anyone who wants to show people their real life creative spaces. You post images and explain the decor and you get to see other peoples creative spaces too! I invite you all to come!!!


Love you all and Stay inspired,



P.S. So let me know what you think. What makes you happy? What makes you blissful? Will you come for the Where bloggers create party (Please come) ? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

14 comments:

lauren demarco said...

This post is amazing!! It really inspires me to take a day and just spend it doing creative things that make me feel lovely!! Keep blogging girlie!!!!

the Citizen Rosebud said...

I like it when people focus on their bliss. To remember to be grateful. Right now, I'm pretty happy the sun's come out, and we're not going to have an overcast day. Got lots to do, and it's always more fun in the sun.

You look adorable by the way in your denim/denim/white dress look. And full of happiness.

Krissy (Shimmer Like Gold) said...

Your drawing came out so beautifully!

Jeff King said...

Great post, and this does inspire me to push on in my strugles... thx

Leia said...

Love your outfit Aury! And what makes me happy? Being at home with my parents and my dog! :D

ellie said...

I love how you put this outfit together. I so want a vest like this..and I thought I had one..but I have not found it in my creative mess yet.

Great ideas! You are truly getting the creative party going!

cass and cady said...

Well, this has all sorts of cool ideas to start. Love those leggins of yours. Very whimsical and romantic. The white skirt is definitely a must have this summer.

Audrey Allure said...

I adore listening to Ingrid Michaelson music too :) And beautiful translation of the photo - it looks amazing!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh Aury you are so incredibly talented; I adore your translation of that photograph! And the poster...absolutely fabulous. I want to print it out and hang it on my bedroom wall!! :)

Kate @ Tres Lola said...

That silhouette picture is great - nice work! & that flow chart is totally funny... love it - ps: cute vest!!

Elaine said...

You look great! And good for you! Not everyone feel they can do what makes them happy.

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Anca Pandrea said...

Wow, great drawing. I love it. And... swinging does make me really really happy!

Sherin said...

You look great. I love the waistcoat. And that drawing is so amazing.

Reading this post definitely made me happy!

Anonymous said...

lovely! that photo makes me smile :) thanks for following btw! <33

Post a Comment

Hello my darlings!
Thank you, thank you,Thank You for deciding to leave a comment :) I just love hearing from you and interacting with you amazing people. This is why I blog. I love comments, compliments, and totally accept words of advice given in a friendly and positive manner. Negativity is not welcome here. I love all of my darling devotees and would never want to hurt you. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Polyvore: Inspiration centre

Popular Posts

Welcome!

"Come with me,
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"

An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address:
aury4eva@gmail.com


About Me

Frannie
Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.
View my complete profile

My Devotees


Say Hey My darlings

Say Hey My darlings
Have questions, comments? Need advice? Feel free to email me:aury4eva@gmail.com

I love my darlings

I love my darlings
from Canadieren

Follow AOGW with bloglovin

Follow An Ordinary Girls World: Fashion, Love, Life

Want to receive posts by email?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Go Green too, darlings