Sunday 27 September 2009

Seeking Inspiration: Behind Your Eyes

Photo from: Nir Tober
Dearest Devotees,
So they say that the eyes are the gateway to the soul and that if one gazes into them , one may know secrets that the mouth cannot tell. Whether, this is true or not, is not certain. However, I can tell you that after having spent an inordinate amount of time over the past couple of weeks "gazing" into people's eyes ( I know, I know, it's rude to stare. What I go through for the sake of discovery...) , you can learn a lot about how person is truly feeling through them. If you don't believe me, simply take a look at the pictures below.

Pictures from: Zara Jay and Desiree Delgardo


And if you still don't believe me, there are plenty of songs out there, like Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, that speak of the eyes in this magical light.

Finally, in my last seeking inspiration post I told you all about the Charade Blogiversary giveaway, in which Megan of Charade held a weeklong giveaway for her readers. She let everyone know all the prizes they could win each day, but kept the final prize a surprise to be revealed only by the winner. Well, I am very happy to say I was the lucky winner of her grand prize and now I have the pictures to show all who are dying to know what I won.













Love you all and Stay Inspired,

P.S. So let me know what you think. Do you believe that you can tell what someone is thinking or feeling by looking in to their eyes? Why or Why not? Feel Free to let me know in the comments below.

5 comments:

Luinae said...

I love eyes. I think my own eyes are one of by best features. They are a beautiful clear green that look flecked with warm gold when I wear warmer colors- they are also quite intense. I also love looking into people's eyes.

Frannie said...

Luinae:Wow, ur soo lucky. Green eyes are gorgeous. I love mine too, I've been told they are quite nice cos of the contrast between the whites of my eyes and the dark, dark brown of my irises.

D. said...

I believe that people find it hard to hide feelings that are shown in their eyes. Also, I always respect people who look me in the eyes while speaking more than the ones who don't.

Anonymous said...

i believe u can tell what a person is feeling or thinking by looking into their eyes,the eye as they say is the key to the soul cos u can tell almost anything by looking into the eyes of someone even medically, now when someone has diabetes u can tell by looking into the eyes of the person cos u will see features of diabetic retinopathy and when someone is in love u can also tell by looking into the eyes of the person,the pupils are dilated its a reflex response,even if the person denies,the eyes wont lie

Frannie said...

- I agree with you Zmaga, it is hard to hide your feelings behide your eyes. At least it is for me cos i read like an open book apparently.
-Anonymous: Wow, I didnt know about the diabetes thing! That is soo interesting.

Post a Comment

Hello my darlings!
Thank you, thank you,Thank You for deciding to leave a comment :) I just love hearing from you and interacting with you amazing people. This is why I blog. I love comments, compliments, and totally accept words of advice given in a friendly and positive manner. Negativity is not welcome here. I love all of my darling devotees and would never want to hurt you. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Polyvore: Inspiration centre

Popular Posts

Welcome!

"Come with me,
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"

An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address:
aury4eva@gmail.com


About Me

Frannie
Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.
View my complete profile

My Devotees


Say Hey My darlings

Say Hey My darlings
Have questions, comments? Need advice? Feel free to email me:aury4eva@gmail.com

I love my darlings

I love my darlings
from Canadieren

Follow AOGW with bloglovin

Follow An Ordinary Girls World: Fashion, Love, Life

Want to receive posts by email?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Go Green too, darlings