Friday 18 September 2009

Love and Relationships: The Brainwash


I wrote this poem based on a song I wrote a long time ago. The song was about a male friend I had who was one of my best and closest friends. We were always there for each other and told each other everything. But, one day, over night it seemed, he began to distance himself from me

while trying to fit into the structured role of a "guy" our environment at the time. He became someone I didn't know and I didn't know how to deal with it. So I wrote a song called " Falling Apart" in order to express my feelings. I recently tapped into those feelings again when a new friend of mine asked me to sing the song for her, and was once again moved to write.





Here is the poem. Enjoy, but more importantly, feel.


The Brainwash

They came
And
They took you away from me.
A group called Society.
Made you into something I could never have foreseen.
And in one stealthy and lethal swipe
Brainwashed you and completely destroyed my dreams, our dreams.

They stole.
Everything that could have been,
Had Fate not signed that shady deed,
leaving us to Chance and Uncertainty
and all alone to fend for ourselves
in that dark and dreary world, a world of mystery.

You promised we'd stick together
and that nothing could break our bond.
But then Society came around
and they took you away from me.
They made you believe that what we had was wrong.
That the differences between you and me should somehow have made us see.
And that we should have known deep down all along,
that it just wasn't meant to be.
So you left.
And I wept.
But don't worry.
I can look back now and feel no tears down my cheeks.
I can finally find the words that I thought would never come to me.
I've made peace with what you did to me.
And
I sincerely hope that
Now
you are truly happy.


By: Aury
Love you all and Stay inspired,






P.S. So let me know what you think. Has a similar situation in which a close friend seems to completely change over night, leaving you wondering what went wrong? What did you do in the situation? And what do you think of the poem. Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

4 comments:

D. said...

Something similar happened to me recently, with a new friend. It still hurts though.

Luinae said...

That EXACT thing happened to me. I had a super close guy friend and we really cared about each other- then I liked him and he grew apart and everything changed.

Megan said...

It's great that you were able to share this, I always get so nervous about my own creative writing! Guy/girl relationships always have their issues, I lost a close friend in a similar way, but you sometimes have to accept that people take their own path and even if perhaps you can't understand it, it's right for them.

Glad you liked the present box! Would be great if you could share a few pics on here so that I can clear up the mystery for those that didn't win by linking to you? Thanks!

Frannie said...

-Zmaga: That seems to be happenening to me with a new male friend too. It always hurts when you lose a friend, no matter how long you've been friends.
-Luinae: That happens dear, and is unfortunately one of the risks of having a very close friend of the opposite sex.
-Megan: You are so right, everyone has their own path and sometimes two close people may not share the same path. And I will definitely post the pics in my next seeking inspiration post.

Post a Comment

Hello my darlings!
Thank you, thank you,Thank You for deciding to leave a comment :) I just love hearing from you and interacting with you amazing people. This is why I blog. I love comments, compliments, and totally accept words of advice given in a friendly and positive manner. Negativity is not welcome here. I love all of my darling devotees and would never want to hurt you. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Polyvore: Inspiration centre

Popular Posts

Welcome!

"Come with me,
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"

An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address:
aury4eva@gmail.com


About Me

Frannie
Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.
View my complete profile

My Devotees


Say Hey My darlings

Say Hey My darlings
Have questions, comments? Need advice? Feel free to email me:aury4eva@gmail.com

I love my darlings

I love my darlings
from Canadieren

Follow AOGW with bloglovin

Follow An Ordinary Girls World: Fashion, Love, Life

Want to receive posts by email?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Go Green too, darlings