Sunday 7 February 2010

Checking in with Reality: 07/02/10


Photo from : brandydarling



Darling Devotees,

Its February now and the further we get away from January 1st the harder it is to keep to the resolutions we made at the beginning of the year. I find that when breaking down major goals into smaller ones that fit into specific time frames makes them more realistic and easier to accomplish. I've also found that telling people about your goals makes you more determined to accomplish them because these people, directly or indirect, hold you accountable. That's why I want to use this segment to break up my new year's resolutions into manageable smaller goals and hopefully by the end of the year everything will be achieved. I invite you to join me by commenting about your goals at the end of the post. I shall do this segment every week and try to let you know how the week went in the following week's post. I hope that we can achieve all we've set out to do together. :)






So over the next month I will:



♥ Write an approximately 50,000 word novel.


♥ Do something new and exciting on my blog (wait for it darlings).


♥ Become good friends with some people in my classes.


♥ Find scholarships and apply for them. I need them for next year.


♥ Improve in my spiritual life.


♥ Work on my music. That demo won't record itself. Good news: My voice and piano teachers have promised to help me!!! I'm going to record one in particular for my voice class.


Photo from: Sabino
Over the next week I will:



♥Write at least 2 chapters of my book.



♥Start the surprise on my blog.



♥Post out my acceptance letter to the National Society for College Scholars (I got the letter yesterday!!!). Scholarships and discounts here I come!!!


♥Go for Catholic Center Retreat, and deeply reconnect with my faith.


♥Practice my singing and piano playing everyday for at least an hour.



♥Form study groups with lovely people in my classes.


I'm taking the big leap into the unknown. Will you take it with me?


Love you all and Stay inspired,


P.S. So let me know what you think.What are your new year's resolutions, goals or aims? Have you begun work on them? What will you do this week and month? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

11 comments:

Sherin said...

Turning new years resolutions into smaller, managable goals is such a great idea. Good luck with it and keep us posted with how you're getting along!

the Citizen Rosebud said...

Hello! we just met (virtually) over at delancefashion.com.

I love your determination, and my advice to you is this: break it down into realistic portions. seriously, people take YEARS to write a novel, why pressure yourself to do so in one month? i suggest you commit to WRITE DAILY. say you resolve to write 30 minutes a day, something that's actually do-able.

that way you can't fail, only learn.

good luck, and swing by my blog-

http://www.thecitizenrosebud.com

D. said...

I've just checked my goals on 43things, and I really need to start working hard on them! I start then I stop then I start again... they're always in the back of my mind...

Anonymous said...

Great goals! I have actually almost completed 2 of my 2010 goals already! It's incredible what putting them in visible places does.

Unknown said...

Hi, Aury! Thanks for stopping by Miss Scholastic. I'm glad you did because now I've found your blog and I love it! :)

Have you ever done NaNoWriMo? I did NaNo the past two years and won both times. I'm currently re-writing this past November's novel... so hopefully I can stay inspired.

It's always nice to meet fellow writers. (:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, such wonderful goals, Aury! I'm thrilled to see what you have in store for An Ordinary Girl's World; and I hope that you'll share your demo with all of us once it is complete!

I hope to complete the style book that I am working on over the next two months. I've already got 30,000 words down - I think I can do it!! :)

Elaine said...

Great goals! I love that you broke it down month by month, week by week.

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Frannie said...

-Sherin:
I will! Thanks!

-The Citizen Rosebud:
Thanks darling but I'm doing something like NaNoWriMo and I work best under pressure so thats why I'm doing this.

-Zmaga:
I know how you feel. It niggles at your mind but the will power to actually do it is just not there sometimes.

-Luinae:
That's Great! Will try to do that. I got a huge calendar and everything :)
- Miss Jessica:
Thanks dearest! And no I've never done it before. I'm probably going to want to talk to you about it soon. I'm sure you will stay inspired but good luck anyway :)

-Cafe Fashionista:
I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed darling and of course I'll share my demo with you all, when I'm done. I anxiously await your style novel too.

-Elaine:
Thanks! It just makes it easier.

thanks for all the comments loves!!!
xoxoxo

Catie said...

Very nice post, Aury. I definitely agree that telling people your goals (especially your friends that you often see) puts the right amount of pressure on you to complete your goal. I also love meeting people from my classes. School is, after all, the purpose of going to college. I've met some fantastic people in my classes by getting to class early. Before the professor gets to class is one of the best times to talk to people. No one likes awkward silences lol.

Michelle said...

As Citizen Rosebud said, be careful about putting specific requirements on writing! Just writing everyday will get you towards your goal faster and you won't have to force yourself to write. Writing is like exercising - flex the "muscle" everyday and it will get stronger; whereas if you only "flex" once and a while, you'll just exhaust yourself and your "writing muscle"!

Good luck!
--Michelle

Frannie said...

-Catie:
Great idea! I totally capitalised on the awkward silences.

-Michelle:

Thanks for the advice :)
xoxox

Post a Comment

Hello my darlings!
Thank you, thank you,Thank You for deciding to leave a comment :) I just love hearing from you and interacting with you amazing people. This is why I blog. I love comments, compliments, and totally accept words of advice given in a friendly and positive manner. Negativity is not welcome here. I love all of my darling devotees and would never want to hurt you. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Polyvore: Inspiration centre

Popular Posts

Welcome!

"Come with me,
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"

An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address:
aury4eva@gmail.com


About Me

Frannie
Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.
View my complete profile

My Devotees


Say Hey My darlings

Say Hey My darlings
Have questions, comments? Need advice? Feel free to email me:aury4eva@gmail.com

I love my darlings

I love my darlings
from Canadieren

Follow AOGW with bloglovin

Follow An Ordinary Girls World: Fashion, Love, Life

Want to receive posts by email?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Go Green too, darlings