Thursday 25 February 2010

In My Shoes: Please write two

Photo from: Lace and Tea

This is a continuation of the Seeking inspiration post story I put up titled: Please Write. In this feature, I hope to be able to present life dilenmas to you my darling devotees and I hope that they will get us to think and feel outside our realms of experience. It will be part advice column, part cliffhanger tales. If you have any life problems or situations you want advice on, or if you want to do an In My Shoes piece, email me at aury4eva@gmail.com. Hope you enjoy the first piece.

Days, weeks, months go by and I have not heard from him since he left. Extreme anxiety turns into despair.

What did I do wrong?

Is he trying to break up with me?

Did something happen to him?

He Hates Me!

He's never coming back , is he?

At first, I made excuses for him. I told people that he was too busy, the post is really slow, the network is terrible out there, and at first they believed me. After awhile though, it got much harder for them to believe. I could see the doubt in their eyes, the ever-present gaze of sympathy and pity in their eyes. At these times, I would be ready to scream that he is coming back, although in the depths of my heart I no longer believed it myself. I stopped checking for letters an
d emails from him and instead began to live a ghost-like existence, one that consisted of merely going through the motions. I no longer lived fully. Each day became a struggle. Depression crept up on me and slid in through the cracks of my demeanor, soon engulfing me.

Then one day, six months since he left, a letter came in the mail.

Eliza my love,

I can no longer lead this half existence. I need to be with you but with each passing day, I come to realise that our work here, while incredibly noble, is not enough to satisfy my heart's thirst. Each time I try to contact you, to reach out to you, and let you know how I feel, they tear me away. We work all day and most of the night and hardly ever see anyone from the outside world, and although we have made progress, it has been very slow and today they told us that the projected date of completion is 5 years away. We can no longer take in any new scientists into the community and if any of us were to leave we would never be able to come back. We now have to choose between leaving our old lives behind us and surrend
ering ourselves completely to the program or disbanding from the project, never to return.

I want to leave. I know how many people I could save, how much praise and acclaim I could receive, how much success would be mine, but I also know that I could not live a life in which you weren't a significant part of. There are quite a few incredibly intelligent scientists in the group and I do not doubt they can find the cures without me. I am ready to leave. All I ask is will you take me back?


Will you marry me?

Yours Forever.


What should I do? Should I let him leave? Should I take him back? What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Love you all and stay inspired,



P.S. So let me know what you think. What would do if you were in Eliza's shoes. Would you take him back? Would you let him leave? Would you marry him despite it all? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

8 comments:

D. said...

I would want him to come back, but I'm afraid I would feel guilty for making him leave the place where he is needed.

ellie said...

So romantic..yet stinging with the roots that effect us all when it comes to life lessons like this. All the best on your writing. Stay inspired!

cass and cady said...

Thanks so much for your wonderful note. I dunno if I'll ever get published..but I keep writing, hoping I learn something about the craft and myself, as well.

Lovely, thoughts you've written. Such a bitter sweet letter. Thanks again. Happy Writing!

the Citizen Rosebud said...

My heart goes out to both of you. A dilemna to be sure sure, a tough decision. I can't offer you my opinion because in this very incredible case, it doesn't count. What does count is the love between you two that will exist whether or not he leaves, you take him back, or he stays. LOVE is love, regardless of circumstance. many xo's to you, young friend.

Frannie said...

-Zmaga:
I know darling. Therein lies the conflict.

-Ellie:
Thank you so much :)

-cass and cady:

Your're welcome darling and thanks for stopping by:)

-the Citizen Rosebud:

So true :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

I really think that a compromise must be made - choosing a passion over love; or love over a passion will forever make one feel empty, as if they missed out on an opportunity. If a compromise isn't drawn I feel that you would just end up miserable in the longrun. :/

Elaine said...

I personally wouldn't... I went through something like that and if a guy treats me that way, he is not worth my time.

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Frannie said...

-Cafe fashionista:
That is very interesting. I wonder what kind of compromise would suit the couple.

-Elaine:
I'm sorry you experienced that and I'm glad you're with someone who treats you right :)

xoxoxoox

Post a Comment

Hello my darlings!
Thank you, thank you,Thank You for deciding to leave a comment :) I just love hearing from you and interacting with you amazing people. This is why I blog. I love comments, compliments, and totally accept words of advice given in a friendly and positive manner. Negativity is not welcome here. I love all of my darling devotees and would never want to hurt you. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Polyvore: Inspiration centre

Popular Posts

Welcome!

"Come with me,
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"

An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address:
aury4eva@gmail.com


About Me

Frannie
Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.
View my complete profile

My Devotees


Say Hey My darlings

Say Hey My darlings
Have questions, comments? Need advice? Feel free to email me:aury4eva@gmail.com

I love my darlings

I love my darlings
from Canadieren

Follow AOGW with bloglovin

Follow An Ordinary Girls World: Fashion, Love, Life

Want to receive posts by email?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Go Green too, darlings