Thursday 4 February 2010

Trendlight: My Faves for Spring/Summer 2010


My darling devotees,
I simply can not wait for winter to end and spring to come anymore. A large part of my impatience though, is not because I despise the cold, or because I am tired of wearing my boots, lovely as they are, everyday (both of which are true). No darlings, the source of my impatience stems from the fact I have a strong desire to see the stores revamped with their Spring/Summer merchandise. I mean, Fall and Winter clothes are great and all but nothing beats the immense variety of colours, cuts and styles available to us when the weather gets warm. So, in order to get a sense of what I would be likely to find in the stores, I hit up Style.com for their interpretations of the season's trends. According to Style, there are 4 major trends for this season and they are :

Marching Orders (Utilitarian)

Clean Energy (White from head to toe)

Game Theory (Sports wear obsession)

The Big Reveal (lingerie inspired wear, a lot of lace)

Pattern Play ( various prints)

And Pastoral Interlude.

Of all the trends they listed, the two I love the most are Pastoral Interlude and Pattern Play in that order. Why do I love them? Well...
  • My personal style is something called Boho-Whimsical, which just means that I love mixing gypsy skirts, peasant tops and the likes with whacky polka-dot prints, random bows and butterfly brooches. Don't believe me? I will definitely see about doing outfit posts in the near future.

  • I don't know what you think about when you hear spring but after a pretty neutral winter, all I can think about is colour and plenty of it. I will wear white but it will be as a backdrop to my rainbow acccessories. I probably won't be doing the utilitarian thing because army green and khaki tend not to work on me.

  • They are just totally adorable. See...















(All images from Style.com)

I think these styles are also reminiscent of the 60s and 70s style scene, a scene I absolutely adore. I think the pastoral interlude options are probably going to be seen as boho-folk or country chic soon just because the clothes look very similar to the boho-folk trend of 2006. No matter what they are called, one thing is for sure: they speak to the romantic in me and are definitely my faves for Spring/Summer 2010.



Love you all and Stay inspired,


P.S. So let me know what you think. Are these trends you could/would follow? What's your fave for Spring/Summer 2010? How would you rock your favorite trend? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

8 comments:

Jen Hsieh said...

this is such a great post! i'm loving the pastel trend as well! my other two favorites are nudes (which go along with pastels i guess) and the lace trend. :)

Leia said...

I'm going to be wearing nudes and pastels and lace, too! :)

Sherin said...

I can't wait for Spring either. I have so many sumery clothes waiting for me. 1 trend I really can't wait for is Lace!

Kathryn said...

I totally cannot wait for Spring!!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I have already begun incorporating some of these trends into my life - I'm loving neutrals/pastels/nudes. Those tones are universally flattering and are so whimsical and romantic! :)

Frannie said...

-Jen:
Thanks! I'm really excited about the nude and pastels trend mostly because I feel they are so soft and airy.

-Leia:
I can't wait to see your outfit pics. I'm sure they will be fabulous!

-Sherin:
I'm really excited to see how the designers use lace in new ways.

-Fashionography:
I can't either!!!

-Cafe Fashionista:
They are, aren't they?!! That's why I love them.

thanks darlings xoxoxo

Punctuation Mark said...

love those flowy dresses... they are the first signs of spring!

Frannie said...

-Elie's Papel:
They are! I'm so ready to break mine out!

Post a Comment

Hello my darlings!
Thank you, thank you,Thank You for deciding to leave a comment :) I just love hearing from you and interacting with you amazing people. This is why I blog. I love comments, compliments, and totally accept words of advice given in a friendly and positive manner. Negativity is not welcome here. I love all of my darling devotees and would never want to hurt you. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Polyvore: Inspiration centre

Popular Posts

Welcome!

"Come with me,
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"

An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address:
aury4eva@gmail.com


About Me

Frannie
Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.
View my complete profile

My Devotees


Say Hey My darlings

Say Hey My darlings
Have questions, comments? Need advice? Feel free to email me:aury4eva@gmail.com

I love my darlings

I love my darlings
from Canadieren

Follow AOGW with bloglovin

Follow An Ordinary Girls World: Fashion, Love, Life

Want to receive posts by email?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Go Green too, darlings