Thursday 21 January 2010

Seeking Inspiration: Whatever it takes

Photo from: Kicki


Dearest devotees,

This week has been wonderful in so many incredible ways. I got my first 2 blogger awards within days of each other, I did my first Costume Design assignment, had my first intermediate piano class and met my Economics and Reading Shakespeare teachers both of whom I love to death even though their classes may just kill me work- wise (I hope not!). All in all, a fabulous week improved by the encouraging presence of Whatever It Takes by Lifehouse. In this post, I thanked DT for my first award, The Haute Mess Award, and passed it on to some other fabulous people. Since I wrote that post, Zmaga has tagged me for the Kreativ Blogger Award!








Thank you so much Zmaga darling! It means a lot to me. Now, for 7 things about me:


  1. I went to boarding school for 6 years of Secondary School.


  2. I love languages but the ones I love the most are my first language (Esan) and French.




  3. I have a huge extended family and a relatively big immediate family composed of 4 kids (including myself), my mom and dad, my baby brother's nanny/our cook.



  4. I love animals and once wanted to be a zoologist. I also wanted to be a vet, medical doctor, ballet dancer, cosmetologist, a filmmaker/director, and fashion journalist.




  5. I am an Economics major with Theatre Arts and Film Studies minors.




  6. I have lived in 4 countries, 10 cities/towns and gone to several different schools, because my dad's an ambassador.




  7. One of my favorite places in the world is Northern Ireland because I've spent some of the best holidays of my life there, I've got great family and friends there and it symbolizes total peace for me.


I am happy to pass this award on to the following truly inventive blogs:


Cafe Fashionista


Yes and Yes


Keiko Lynn


Color me Katie


Mermaid in a Manhole


Kokoro

Laura's Style


Congratulations Darlings!!!


And here is the exercise for this week:



Please write....
Please write.... by aury4eva featuring Temperley London dresses





As I wake up, I feel the heat of the sun on my face radiating through the glass of my bedside window. I get up and glance out the window. It's a perfect day, absolutely beautiful yet something is missing. There is an ache in my heart, a hole where someone used to be....then it all comes back to me....





He's gone...




He'd been anxiously awaiting the letter for weeks and on Monday it finally came...the letter that sealed our fate.



Six months ago, before we had even met, my true love wrote to Harvard Medical School , asking to take part in a special one-year program in which they would run several case trials on possible cures for aids and cancer. One month ago he told me that he had made the short list and would probably receive an acceptance letter soon. I tried to be happy for him, acting the part of the supportive girlfriend and helping him prepare for his trip. I kept all my feelings locked inside as we made promises of keeping in touch and waiting for each other. Yesterday, I tried to be strong as we kissed goodbye and I wished him luck.Last night, the tears I'd shed weakened me and helped me fall asleep. Today, I look at the window and silently beg my love one thing...



Please write.


I made this set on Polyvore a while ago and wrote a short story to go with it then too. I would love to know your takes on it.


Love you all and Stay Inspired,


P.S. So let me know what you think. What comes to your mind when you see the image above? And how has your week been? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

4 comments:

D. said...

The story and the set are so beautiful. I'm glad your week has been so great :)

Molly said...

Thank you so much for the award! I love reading your blog too, and this post was especially nice and I really enjoyed the story, beautiful.

Cafe Fashionista said...

First, Aury your Polyvore set is stunning (I literally want everything pictured in it) and the accompanying story is amazing. Your writing is so fluid and lyrical, and I truly find myself wanting to know what will happen next. Please continue the tale my love!!

Second, congratulations on the award; and thank you ever so much for passing it on to me - you are the sweetest! It seems that we have had many of the same aspirations in our lives - I too wanted to be a vet, ballet dancer, and fashion journalist.

Third, I found a listing of Boston Flea Markets. Here's the link: http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=flea+market&find_loc=Boston%2C+MA. You can read reviews of each one and choose which you'd like to visit!! :)

Frannie said...

Zmaga:
Thanks darling and I'm glad you liked them!

Molly:
You're welcome and thank you!

Cafe fashionista:
Thank you darling! I will try to continue and keep you all updated but that will have to be when I'm done with the book I'm currently writing.
That's so cool about our past aspirations! What an interesting mix :)
And thanks for the flea markets listing. I can't wait to head out to see some of them. Might go today.

xoxox

Post a Comment

Hello my darlings!
Thank you, thank you,Thank You for deciding to leave a comment :) I just love hearing from you and interacting with you amazing people. This is why I blog. I love comments, compliments, and totally accept words of advice given in a friendly and positive manner. Negativity is not welcome here. I love all of my darling devotees and would never want to hurt you. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Polyvore: Inspiration centre

Popular Posts

Welcome!

"Come with me,
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"

An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address:
aury4eva@gmail.com


About Me

Frannie
Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.
View my complete profile

My Devotees


Say Hey My darlings

Say Hey My darlings
Have questions, comments? Need advice? Feel free to email me:aury4eva@gmail.com

I love my darlings

I love my darlings
from Canadieren

Follow AOGW with bloglovin

Follow An Ordinary Girls World: Fashion, Love, Life

Want to receive posts by email?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Go Green too, darlings