Photo from: Kicki
This week has been wonderful in so many incredible ways. I got my first 2 blogger awards within days of each other, I did my first Costume Design assignment, had my first intermediate piano class and met my Economics and Reading Shakespeare teachers both of whom I love to death even though their classes may just kill me work- wise (I hope not!). All in all, a fabulous week improved by the encouraging presence of Whatever It Takes by Lifehouse. In this post, I thanked DT for my first award, The Haute Mess Award, and passed it on to some other fabulous people. Since I wrote that post, Zmaga has tagged me for the Kreativ Blogger Award!
Thank you so much Zmaga darling! It means a lot to me. Now, for 7 things about me:
- I went to boarding school for 6 years of Secondary School.
- I love languages but the ones I love the most are my first language (Esan) and French.
- I have a huge extended family and a relatively big immediate family composed of 4 kids (including myself), my mom and dad, my baby brother's nanny/our cook.
- I love animals and once wanted to be a zoologist. I also wanted to be a vet, medical doctor, ballet dancer, cosmetologist, a filmmaker/director, and fashion journalist.
- I am an Economics major with Theatre Arts and Film Studies minors.
- I have lived in 4 countries, 10 cities/towns and gone to several different schools, because my dad's an ambassador.
- One of my favorite places in the world is Northern Ireland because I've spent some of the best holidays of my life there, I've got great family and friends there and it symbolizes total peace for me.
I am happy to pass this award on to the following truly inventive blogs:
Yes and Yes
And here is the exercise for this week:
Please write.... by aury4eva featuring Temperley London dresses
As I wake up, I feel the heat of the sun on my face radiating through the glass of my bedside window. I get up and glance out the window. It's a perfect day, absolutely beautiful yet something is missing. There is an ache in my heart, a hole where someone used to be....then it all comes back to me....
He'd been anxiously awaiting the letter for weeks and on Monday it finally came...the letter that sealed our fate.
Six months ago, before we had even met, my true love wrote to Harvard Medical School , asking to take part in a special one-year program in which they would run several case trials on possible cures for aids and cancer. One month ago he told me that he had made the short list and would probably receive an acceptance letter soon. I tried to be happy for him, acting the part of the supportive girlfriend and helping him prepare for his trip. I kept all my feelings locked inside as we made promises of keeping in touch and waiting for each other. Yesterday, I tried to be strong as we kissed goodbye and I wished him luck.Last night, the tears I'd shed weakened me and helped me fall asleep. Today, I look at the window and silently beg my love one thing...
I made this set on Polyvore a while ago and wrote a short story to go with it then too. I would love to know your takes on it.
Love you all and Stay Inspired,
P.S. So let me know what you think. What comes to your mind when you see the image above? And how has your week been? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.
Love AOGW: Stay in touch
Picture from: Overstock Is it a dress? Is it a coat? I don't know dear readers and quite frankly I don't care. These coats are ...
Photo from : We heart it Dearest Devotees, Happy Saint Patrick's Day Darlings! Since I love the Irish, Northern Ireland and scho...
Name : Kimora Lee Simmons born Kimora Lee Perkins Career : Former Model, Current Fashion Designer, CEO of Phat Fashions Bio : Kimora was...
Photo Dearest Devotees, I know I've been gone awhile and I'm sorry. I've been away discovering myself. I will let you k...
Dearest Devotees, Pain, disappointment, hurt. These are things that no one can avoid in this life, no matter how charmed their exis...
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"
An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address: email@example.com
- Guest post at Here I Scribble: Healing a Broken He...
- Life's Little Lessons: Life Doesn't always turn ou...
- Seeking Inspiration: According to me (and you!!!)
- Love and Relationships: Music therapy- Self Encour...
- Trendlight/How to Rock: Feathers and Flowers and B...
- Seeking Inspiration: Whatever it takes
- A day in the life: My First Blogger Award!!!
- A day in the life: Love to Haiti
- How to Budget Shop: The Ultimate Shopping List
- Life's Little Lessons: Don't undermine the power o...
- Seeking Inspiration: Stories by Polaroid
- How to Budget Shop: Income,Outcome and All that ja...
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Making it last forever
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Museums, galleries and anyw...
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Online Hunting
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: To the Library!
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Movie Day
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Stop and Capture
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Starting From Within
- A day in the life: Happy 2010!!!
- ▼ January (20)
- Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.