Thursday 27 May 2010

Love and Relationships: Music Therapy Part 4- Indie Music Love






Dearest Devotees,

In keeping with Indie Appreciation Week, here are some of my favorite indie-related songs. Some of them are by undiscovered/independent musicians, some of them have certain musical qualities (usually acoustic/ primarily vocal leanings) that lend them to being classified as "indie", and the rest of them are just songs that I feel somehow celebrate being independent. I'm also borrowing the idea of Krissy from Shimmer Like Gold, and have included links
to a complete playlist of all the songs on youtube that I will link to at the bottom of this post. Feel free to play these songs while cross-training your art, doing chores/ homework, or doing nothing at all but relaxing. Remember that if you feel constrained by the walls, there's no time like the summer to take full advantage of the great outdoors.
I hope these songs send you to your happy and proud to be independent place too :)

  1. Staind - Everything Changes
  2. Duet With Myself-Charlie McDonell
  3. Boy With A Coin- Iron and Wine
  4. Train - Hey Soul Sister (Lyrics)
  5. Miley Cyrus - My Last Song for Miley (Dave Days)
  6. Enya - Only Time (Original)
  7. Matt Hires - Honey Let me sing you a song + Lyrics
  8. ARIA ASIA - Gypsy Girl
  9. Ingrid Michaelson- The Way I Am
  10. Flyleaf - Penholder | With Lyrics
  11. Winter Song - Sara Bareilles/Ingrid Michaelson- Music Video
  12. Ingrid Michaelson - Maybe (Official Music Video)
  13. Running away ~ Midnight Hour (Lyrics)
  14. Michael Bublé - Haven't Met You Yet [OFFICIAL VIDEO]
  15. one more- superchick
  16. Hope 7-I want Everything
  17. Furlough Behind The Scenes at Showcase Minnesota
  18. Carolina Liar - When You Are Near lyrics
  19. Sing Me a Love Song- BarlowGirl
  20. Barlow Girl - Never Alone (Acoustic)
  21. 04 Yiruma: River Flows In You
  22. Howie Day - Collide
  23. Howie Day - She Says
  24. Iris Music Video - City Of Angels
  25. Lene Marlin - Here We Are (Official Video)
  26. All She Wrote- Ross Coperman
  27. Sandi Thom - What if I'm right? [music video]
  28. Gary Go - Wonderful
To listen to it all on youtube click here.

Love you all and Stay inspired,



P.S. So let me know what you think. What are some hidden jewel bands that make you feel empowered, or moved? What kind of music moves you most? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

Photos from: We Heart It

7 comments:

Audrey Allure said...

Love this post, and love most of those songs - will be checking some of those other songs out :) I adore indie music.

Leia said...

hi gorgeous,

i am not the hugest indie music fan but i will have to check out some of the songs you recommended - maybe they will change my mind! :D

jen@ricochet said...

I freakin' love Iron and Wine! You didn't give their name up there next to Boy With a Coin which is my FAVORITE song of theirs btw!!! Good choices! I haven't heard of some of these and haven't clicked on your links yet, but I will. I enjoy being introduced to other people's favorites.

English Rose ♥ said...

HUGE indie fan - great post!

Merci beaucoup for stopping by darling =]

Have a great weekend!

Stay safe and chic ma chérie,
English Rose x
http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

Sherin said...

This is such a great playlist. I love most of the songs on the playlist already.

D. said...

I haven't went through the whole playlist yet, but it's great so far! I was so happy to hear Winter Song!

Anonymous said...

it is of the best! soooooooooooooo indie

Post a Comment

Hello my darlings!
Thank you, thank you,Thank You for deciding to leave a comment :) I just love hearing from you and interacting with you amazing people. This is why I blog. I love comments, compliments, and totally accept words of advice given in a friendly and positive manner. Negativity is not welcome here. I love all of my darling devotees and would never want to hurt you. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Polyvore: Inspiration centre

Popular Posts

Welcome!

"Come with me,
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"

An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address:
aury4eva@gmail.com


About Me

Frannie
Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.
View my complete profile

My Devotees


Say Hey My darlings

Say Hey My darlings
Have questions, comments? Need advice? Feel free to email me:aury4eva@gmail.com

I love my darlings

I love my darlings
from Canadieren

Follow AOGW with bloglovin

Follow An Ordinary Girls World: Fashion, Love, Life

Want to receive posts by email?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Go Green too, darlings