Saturday 12 December 2009

Seeking Inspiration: Using the past to inspire the present

(Picture From: Pauline Price at flickr)

Dearest Devotees,

So this week I've been very into the use of history and even things of the recent past to inspire the present. Over the past few weeks, my roommate and I have been declaring certain songs as our songs of the week and we would play each song over and over, find all its various music videos, remixes and versions, and generally dissect it and analyse it completely. And since music is so important to me, I feel like this is something I should share with you too. So after reading this post please check out the song of the week Hear You Me performed by Jimmy Eat World. It's basically about two friends of theirs, when they were just starting out, that would always go to different towns they were performing in, where they knew no one, and give them somewhere to stay. They were a major support system for them and Weezer in the beginning who were unfortunately killed in a car crash on their way back from a concert. These two women, Mykel and Carli Allen, always said the words 'hear you me' . I believe this song is a great example of how we can draw inspiration from our past experiences, good and bad. Here are some other pieces of inspiration that I feel draw on the past:






(Picture from: I am Blessed on imgfave)



This picture feels like a window into a forgotten time. It has true Victorian beauty.


In case you're looking for a fashion history lesson College Fashion has an article I love.



It doesn't have to be Halloween for you to dress like the 50s or any of the eras according to Charade.


Buildings and places all tell stories too. If you can't go where you want to go pictures and information can usually take you there.


Love you all and Stay inspired,






P.S. So let me know what you think. What are places that inspire you ? Where would you go if you had the chance to just for the experience? Do you have pictures and if you do feel free to send them in. Also, feel free to let me know in the comments below.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Aury :)

currently, for me, I'm inspired by Ke$ha's new song "TiK ToK" and her music video. Especially the clothes she's wearing in those. Also, one of my favorite inspirational websites for fashion is lookbook.nu.

I liked the post :) keep it up!

http://www.ItsMyMakeover.com

Frannie said...

-Katie
Thanks for the comment! I love lookbook too. Thinking of opening an account on it in fact. Sooo many fashionable people out there :)

Post a Comment

Hello my darlings!
Thank you, thank you,Thank You for deciding to leave a comment :) I just love hearing from you and interacting with you amazing people. This is why I blog. I love comments, compliments, and totally accept words of advice given in a friendly and positive manner. Negativity is not welcome here. I love all of my darling devotees and would never want to hurt you. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Polyvore: Inspiration centre

Popular Posts

Welcome!

"Come with me,
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"

An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address:
aury4eva@gmail.com


About Me

Frannie
Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.
View my complete profile

My Devotees


Say Hey My darlings

Say Hey My darlings
Have questions, comments? Need advice? Feel free to email me:aury4eva@gmail.com

I love my darlings

I love my darlings
from Canadieren

Follow AOGW with bloglovin

Follow An Ordinary Girls World: Fashion, Love, Life

Want to receive posts by email?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Go Green too, darlings