Oh devotees, I am so excited about today! Why you may wonder? Because, ever since I read a paticular article on the Secret Society of List Addicts I have been looking for a day where I could devote my time to watching and analysing certain movies. You see, in many ways film and television are treasure chests of inspiration waiting to be uncovered. A lot of the time people claim watching television is a passive activity, but that doesn't mean it can't be active. Whenever I watch something with a particular goal in mind, I find that I become a lot more aware of what is happening on the screen. I'm kicked into analytic mode and begin to look at things in a more intense way. You know when you've just finished watching a movie and people ask you what it was about and you just can't (for the life of you) remember? Yeah, that doesn't happen to me when I'm like this.
The real object of the drama is the exhibition of the human character.
I believe that television and film evolved from drama and therefore aim to reflect common human experiences to the audience. Since art comes from powerful emotions caused by experiences, it follows that watching movies and tv shows should open your mind to different parts of life you may not have had firsthand experience in, giving you the opportunity to derive inspiration from them.
- Get hold of movies that you feel may give you a peek into a life that is different from your own, whether its movies set in a different society, time, or world (They can be old or new, related to your field or not).
- Note things that you're attracted to/inspired by in these movies. Ask yourself the following questions:
-What do you like about the movie? What don't you like?
-What you do you find interesting? Is it real/factual. Note it down for further research.
Write down your answers in the retreat notebook.
Like I mentioned before I'm watching/ rewatching all the movies on this list as well as some others like A walk to remember and The Other Boleyn Girl. I'm also going to watch some of my favorite style shows like Gok's Fashion Fix and Stylista. I strongly recommend Vicky Christina Barcelona, if you haven't watched it too. As usual, I'll get back to you with some of my answers later.
P.S. So let me know what you think. What movies/shows are you watching? Why are you watching them. Feel free to let me know in your comments below.
P.P.S Sorry about the late post. My server was down for quite some time.
Love AOGW: Stay in touch
Picture from: Overstock Is it a dress? Is it a coat? I don't know dear readers and quite frankly I don't care. These coats are ...
Photo from : We heart it Dearest Devotees, Happy Saint Patrick's Day Darlings! Since I love the Irish, Northern Ireland and scho...
Name : Kimora Lee Simmons born Kimora Lee Perkins Career : Former Model, Current Fashion Designer, CEO of Phat Fashions Bio : Kimora was...
Photo Dearest Devotees, I know I've been gone awhile and I'm sorry. I've been away discovering myself. I will let you k...
Dearest Devotees, Pain, disappointment, hurt. These are things that no one can avoid in this life, no matter how charmed their exis...
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"
An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guest post at Here I Scribble: Healing a Broken He...
- Life's Little Lessons: Life Doesn't always turn ou...
- Seeking Inspiration: According to me (and you!!!)
- Love and Relationships: Music therapy- Self Encour...
- Trendlight/How to Rock: Feathers and Flowers and B...
- Seeking Inspiration: Whatever it takes
- A day in the life: My First Blogger Award!!!
- A day in the life: Love to Haiti
- How to Budget Shop: The Ultimate Shopping List
- Life's Little Lessons: Don't undermine the power o...
- Seeking Inspiration: Stories by Polaroid
- How to Budget Shop: Income,Outcome and All that ja...
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Making it last forever
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Museums, galleries and anyw...
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Online Hunting
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: To the Library!
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Movie Day
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Stop and Capture
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Starting From Within
- A day in the life: Happy 2010!!!
- ▼ January (20)
- Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.