Sunday 10 January 2010

Seeking Inspiration: Stories by Polaroid

Photo from: yenstefanie


Dearest Devotees,

After our inspiration packed week, I've got to say, I was wondering if I should even publish a seeking inspiration post today. But I decided that the show must go on and when I heard the song Story by Anna Leddra-Chapman, I knew that I had to share it with you. The song basically talks about love and how all relationships, even when they've ended, become a part of the story of your life. I absolutely adored the music video because it largely consisted of Anna walking around taking pictures with an instant camera. An instant camera, darlings! Just in case you haven't noticed, I am currently head-over-heels in love with cameras and everything to do with photography.


My first camera was one of those barbie instant polaroid cameras and I just loved the way you could take a picture and have a ready-made photo in your hand in seconds. Watching this video made me recall those days, and reminded me of how wonderful it would be to make a picture story of a fabulous trip using instant photos. You could use your camera to take pictures all day and write cute and funny captions on the bottoms of the pictures at the end of each day. Then at the end of your trip you could put them into a gorgeous antique album or on a board above your home/dorm room desk. Either way all the photos will tell you a lovely story that you can relive anytime you see them.


I want to start doing an inspirational exercise every week. I'm going to post either a polyvore set or photograph here, give my translation (into my favorite art form of the week) and invite you to give me yours. Think of it as weekly exercise on the skills that you may have picked up in the artistic retreat. So here's the first one.









Photo from:Randy



Jenny sat on her yard staring past the ancient rustic fence separating her from the rest of the world.

''Why would they leave me?" she pondered silently. Yesterday had been pretty normal, at least it had been for her family. They had all come together for a quiet but otherwise average dinner with neither of her foster parents bothering to make small talk. Granted they had hinted that they would not tolerate her generally abysmal behaviour at school any longer, but she had told them that the teacher really had been making inappropriate advances towards her. Just because the principal hadn't believed her and had assumed she was insulting him because of a bad grade, and had subsequently suspended her didn't mean that she was lying. She had gone back to the Mayers' expecting them to give her a chance to explain. But they didn't. Instead, she woke up this morning to an empty home and a letter explaining their decision to send her back to the social worker.



Sad, she wasn't. She was livid.



And here are my favorite links for the week:



I am totally loving the Make Your Life Amazing month series on Charade, but I especially love this post on picturing your amazing self.


This post by Cafe Fashionista is helping me battle the dull weather (read rainy) weather blues.

This outfit post by Keiko Lynn has some of the most gorgeous pictures I've seen in a long while.


I love Catie's decision to spend a year working on achieving happiness.


Love you all and Stay inspired,





P.S. So let me know what you think. Have you ever used an instant camera? Do you own one? What's favorite type of camera: instant, DSLR, film or compact digital? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea- I want to work more on dance choreography, so for each photo you post, I'm going to choereograph a short 30 sec dance!

Frannie said...

-Luinae:
That's fantastic darling! I am sure your going to be do a great job choreographing. And have I ever told you that I've done Scottish dancing before and that I have family in Northern Ireland?

Kathryn said...

I recently got a polaroid camera with no film and have been dying to get some film and test it out!

Cafe Fashionista said...

What's really dad is that I absolutely adore photography, but I don't own a camera, and I have absolutely no experience with film, DSLR, digital, and the like. I would love to have the chance to take a photography class at some point in time.

By the way, thank you so much for the shoutout. You are truly the sweetest thing, Aury; and An Ordinary Girl's World never fails to inspire!! :)

Frannie said...

-Fashionography:
I totally know the feeling! Have you tried eBay?

-Cafe Fashionista:
You're welcome dearest! And thanks soo much!!!
That makes me sooo happy!!! :)

Thanks u guys
xoxo

Catie said...

Hi Aury-thanks so much for posting the link to my blog! I tried to write a comment earlier, but I think it didn't go through. Anyway I really appreciate your encouragement. Both your lovely comments and your blog posts have motivated me to continue my goals on my Happiness Project. :)

Frannie said...

Catie:
You're welcome darling!And thank you!
xoxo
:)

Post a Comment

Hello my darlings!
Thank you, thank you,Thank You for deciding to leave a comment :) I just love hearing from you and interacting with you amazing people. This is why I blog. I love comments, compliments, and totally accept words of advice given in a friendly and positive manner. Negativity is not welcome here. I love all of my darling devotees and would never want to hurt you. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Polyvore: Inspiration centre

Popular Posts

Welcome!

"Come with me,
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"

An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address:
aury4eva@gmail.com


About Me

Frannie
Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.
View my complete profile

My Devotees


Say Hey My darlings

Say Hey My darlings
Have questions, comments? Need advice? Feel free to email me:aury4eva@gmail.com

I love my darlings

I love my darlings
from Canadieren

Follow AOGW with bloglovin

Follow An Ordinary Girls World: Fashion, Love, Life

Want to receive posts by email?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Go Green too, darlings