“Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility”.
However, I believe that this is true of not only poetry but any art form, be it fiction or non-fiction writing, music, dance, photography, painting, sculpting, fashion, gardening or anything else, really. To be able to express yourself sufficiently is a talent. It comes naturally but you can improve your ability by exercising and making use of it. For some people, this talent is their career and source of income so being able to find inspiration in even the smallest events and dullest days becomes vitally important. Whether or not your art form is your food source is irrelevant though. Finding a muse, being able to translate something that moves you or the emotions that you feel into art is a good skill for any one to learn. So please join me if you can and I would love to see your results. You can send them (pictures, scans, links to blog posts) to me via email, or tell me about them in the comments. I will also share my plans and adventures too in each blog post.
Things you will need for the retreat:
a notebook, camera, video camera and/ or recorder- something to record things that inspire you, pen or pencil
a backpack / purse to keep your stuff
your art supplies -depending on what your art is
a portfolio ( a binder, or folder) and virtual one- saved on flash
a board (preferably cork) with tacks
Love you all and Stay inspired,
Love AOGW: Stay in touch
Picture from: Overstock Is it a dress? Is it a coat? I don't know dear readers and quite frankly I don't care. These coats are ...
Photo from : We heart it Dearest Devotees, Happy Saint Patrick's Day Darlings! Since I love the Irish, Northern Ireland and scho...
Name : Kimora Lee Simmons born Kimora Lee Perkins Career : Former Model, Current Fashion Designer, CEO of Phat Fashions Bio : Kimora was...
Photo Dearest Devotees, I know I've been gone awhile and I'm sorry. I've been away discovering myself. I will let you k...
Dearest Devotees, Pain, disappointment, hurt. These are things that no one can avoid in this life, no matter how charmed their exis...
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"
An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address: email@example.com
- Guest post at Here I Scribble: Healing a Broken He...
- Life's Little Lessons: Life Doesn't always turn ou...
- Seeking Inspiration: According to me (and you!!!)
- Love and Relationships: Music therapy- Self Encour...
- Trendlight/How to Rock: Feathers and Flowers and B...
- Seeking Inspiration: Whatever it takes
- A day in the life: My First Blogger Award!!!
- A day in the life: Love to Haiti
- How to Budget Shop: The Ultimate Shopping List
- Life's Little Lessons: Don't undermine the power o...
- Seeking Inspiration: Stories by Polaroid
- How to Budget Shop: Income,Outcome and All that ja...
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Making it last forever
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Museums, galleries and anyw...
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Online Hunting
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: To the Library!
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Movie Day
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Stop and Capture
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Starting From Within
- A day in the life: Happy 2010!!!
- ▼ January (20)
- Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.