Thursday 7 January 2010

2010 Artistic Retreat: Museums, galleries and anywhere else really

(Photo from: Flickr )


Day 6: Museums, Galleries and anywhere else really




So today is our last excursion day, my darling devotees, and I want you to make the most of it. Go wherever your heart takes you! Do whatever inspires you! I just want you to make sure its a strongly visual experience, and that's it's something that will be entirely different from your daily routine. Here are some suggestions of places you could go:




  • Museums: art museums, science museums, local history museums, any kind of museum works. Think outside the box!


  • Galleries: art galleries, but I personal love photo galleries.


  • Theatres: community theatres, major production theatres, etc.


  • Fairs: I don't know about you but there is the really pretty winter fair going on in Geneva right now, and I've gotta check it out before I leave.


  • Circus: I dream of Cirque De Soleil. Have any of you ever been?


  • Gardens/Parks: Some parks are so pretty that even winter barreness can't destroy their beauty.


Assignment summary:

  1. Go to the place and record what you love most about it, either by using a recorder, your notepad, sketchpad, anything that can help you freeze that moment in time.


  2. Let loose and have fun!


  3. When you get back write in your retreat notebook, go over your notes on the things that you loved the most and write how each thing made you feel.


  4. Brainstorm possible ways you could translate these things into your own art, and write them down.


My interpretation:



I'm so checking out the fair I mentioned earlier. I've past it at night before and it looks even more beautiful then. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.



Love you all and Stay inspired,




P.S. So let me know what you think. What place(s) are you/will you be going? Why? Have you been there before? And what do you love about them? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.


6 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh, parks...they are one of my favorite places. That is definitely where I will be going to spend the day. There's something quite relaxing about them!! :)

Frannie said...

-Cafe Fashionista:
Parks are fantastically relaxing! I think it's something with being surrounded by nature. It's just so serene.

:)

Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to do this Artistic Retreat because I'm in school, but when I'm off for exams I will soooooo do this!

Frannie said...

-Luinae:

Cool! Let me know how it goes for you love!
:)

Maha said...

Cirque du Soleil is amaaaaaaazing <3. you have to go whenever you get the chance!

Frannie said...

Maha:
Thanks darling! I really wanted to know. I'm totally going to seize the opportunity asap:)

Post a Comment

Hello my darlings!
Thank you, thank you,Thank You for deciding to leave a comment :) I just love hearing from you and interacting with you amazing people. This is why I blog. I love comments, compliments, and totally accept words of advice given in a friendly and positive manner. Negativity is not welcome here. I love all of my darling devotees and would never want to hurt you. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Polyvore: Inspiration centre

Popular Posts

Welcome!

"Come with me,
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"

An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address:
aury4eva@gmail.com


About Me

Frannie
Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.
View my complete profile

My Devotees


Say Hey My darlings

Say Hey My darlings
Have questions, comments? Need advice? Feel free to email me:aury4eva@gmail.com

I love my darlings

I love my darlings
from Canadieren

Follow AOGW with bloglovin

Follow An Ordinary Girls World: Fashion, Love, Life

Want to receive posts by email?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Go Green too, darlings