- Museums: art museums, science museums, local history museums, any kind of museum works. Think outside the box!
- Galleries: art galleries, but I personal love photo galleries.
- Theatres: community theatres, major production theatres, etc.
- Fairs: I don't know about you but there is the really pretty winter fair going on in Geneva right now, and I've gotta check it out before I leave.
- Circus: I dream of Cirque De Soleil. Have any of you ever been?
- Gardens/Parks: Some parks are so pretty that even winter barreness can't destroy their beauty.
- Go to the place and record what you love most about it, either by using a recorder, your notepad, sketchpad, anything that can help you freeze that moment in time.
- Let loose and have fun!
- When you get back write in your retreat notebook, go over your notes on the things that you loved the most and write how each thing made you feel.
- Brainstorm possible ways you could translate these things into your own art, and write them down.
I'm so checking out the fair I mentioned earlier. I've past it at night before and it looks even more beautiful then. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.
P.S. So let me know what you think. What place(s) are you/will you be going? Why? Have you been there before? And what do you love about them? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.
Love AOGW: Stay in touch
Picture from: Overstock Is it a dress? Is it a coat? I don't know dear readers and quite frankly I don't care. These coats are ...
Photo from : We heart it Dearest Devotees, Happy Saint Patrick's Day Darlings! Since I love the Irish, Northern Ireland and scho...
Name : Kimora Lee Simmons born Kimora Lee Perkins Career : Former Model, Current Fashion Designer, CEO of Phat Fashions Bio : Kimora was...
Photo Dearest Devotees, I know I've been gone awhile and I'm sorry. I've been away discovering myself. I will let you k...
Dearest Devotees, Pain, disappointment, hurt. These are things that no one can avoid in this life, no matter how charmed their exis...
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"
An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guest post at Here I Scribble: Healing a Broken He...
- Life's Little Lessons: Life Doesn't always turn ou...
- Seeking Inspiration: According to me (and you!!!)
- Love and Relationships: Music therapy- Self Encour...
- Trendlight/How to Rock: Feathers and Flowers and B...
- Seeking Inspiration: Whatever it takes
- A day in the life: My First Blogger Award!!!
- A day in the life: Love to Haiti
- How to Budget Shop: The Ultimate Shopping List
- Life's Little Lessons: Don't undermine the power o...
- Seeking Inspiration: Stories by Polaroid
- How to Budget Shop: Income,Outcome and All that ja...
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Making it last forever
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Museums, galleries and anyw...
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Online Hunting
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: To the Library!
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Movie Day
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Stop and Capture
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Starting From Within
- A day in the life: Happy 2010!!!
- ▼ January (20)
- Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.