Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how
to read a book.
A good book should leave you...slightly exhausted at the end. You live
several lives while reading it.
The main reason I love reading so much is because I find that they give me the opportunity to enrich my life by experiencing someone else's. I feel like the best sign of a good book is the ability for it to draw the reader in so much that they can no longer recognise the difference between his/her reality and the reality inside the book. One of my favorite authors, Meg Cabot, is one of my favourites because, whenever I read one of her books I am so completely absorbed into the book that I feel as if I am in the book and not simply reading it. I laugh with the characters, cry with them and generally share in their experiences. Non-fiction is a more direct form of getting information about a different life and is sometimes just what you may be looking for. Anyway, it doesn't really matter what you read there, fiction, non-fiction or anything else, the library is a fantastic place to get your hands on your next muse.
- Go to a library: It can be your public library, or even a personal/family library.
- Open any book that catches your attention, preferably a book about something you haven't any book before, and read.
- Note anything that attracts you about the book: the title, the themes, the settings, the facts, the story line, anything in your retreat notebook.
- Brainstorm ways in which you could translate into your favorite art form and write them in your notebook.
I am reading a book called Of Love and Life - that is made up of three condensed novels Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella, Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah and The Birds & the Bees by Milly Johnson. Books I really loved aside from Meg's books include:
- the Girls by Lori Lansen
- The Black Pearl by Laura Cassidy
- Beautiful Child by Torey Hayden
- Tuesday's Child by Louise Bagshawe
- Artemis Fowl books by Eoin Colfer
- Percy Jackson books by Rick Riordan
- Cecelia Ahern's books especially P.S. I love you and If You Could See Me Now
I will get back to you with some of my answers later today.
P.S. So let me know what you think. What are your favorite books? What kind of books do you generally read? What kind of books would you like to read more of? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.
Love AOGW: Stay in touch
Picture from: Overstock Is it a dress? Is it a coat? I don't know dear readers and quite frankly I don't care. These coats are ...
Photo from : We heart it Dearest Devotees, Happy Saint Patrick's Day Darlings! Since I love the Irish, Northern Ireland and scho...
Name : Kimora Lee Simmons born Kimora Lee Perkins Career : Former Model, Current Fashion Designer, CEO of Phat Fashions Bio : Kimora was...
Photo Dearest Devotees, I know I've been gone awhile and I'm sorry. I've been away discovering myself. I will let you k...
Dearest Devotees, Pain, disappointment, hurt. These are things that no one can avoid in this life, no matter how charmed their exis...
and See this World,
Through the eyes
of an Ordinary Girl"
An Ordinary Girl's World is a blog for stylish and artistic teens, college students and young adults, creatively finding their way in this world. Its about expressing yourself through your personal style, your lifestyle, your relationships and friendships.
This site will feature articles on fashion, love and life in general, with topics ranging from the latest trends in fashion, beauty and lifestyle, personal style, artistic inspiration pieces and real life survival guides.
Email address: email@example.com
- Guest post at Here I Scribble: Healing a Broken He...
- Life's Little Lessons: Life Doesn't always turn ou...
- Seeking Inspiration: According to me (and you!!!)
- Love and Relationships: Music therapy- Self Encour...
- Trendlight/How to Rock: Feathers and Flowers and B...
- Seeking Inspiration: Whatever it takes
- A day in the life: My First Blogger Award!!!
- A day in the life: Love to Haiti
- How to Budget Shop: The Ultimate Shopping List
- Life's Little Lessons: Don't undermine the power o...
- Seeking Inspiration: Stories by Polaroid
- How to Budget Shop: Income,Outcome and All that ja...
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Making it last forever
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Museums, galleries and anyw...
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Online Hunting
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: To the Library!
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Movie Day
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Stop and Capture
- 2010 Artistic Retreat: Starting From Within
- A day in the life: Happy 2010!!!
- ▼ January (20)
- Hello! I am Frannie a.k.a Frances Anne and I am a 21 year old Catholic Missionary. I am Nigerian but have lived all over the world and I currently live and serve in the U.S. I love God, others and life in general. I bubble over with joy everyday and would love to share my joy with you.